Friday, September 4, 2009

Preschool Corner Letter L



Welcome to our lovely letter L edition of Preschool Corner.
We have lot to share.
Hudson really likes using ink pads to stamp and print.  Using a DLTK L Template we created Lego L's.
 
I printed and laminated a set of sequencing leaves from Childcareland.com .
We stacked them from biggest on the bottom to smallest on the top.
 We lined them up in order of size and we counted them just for a little extra number practice.

A really fun P.E. idea was to set up daddy's ladder in the basement and practice climbing up and down.
I love the library.  We checked out Tawny The Scrawny Lion on CD and listened to it at home quite a few times.
 
See the CD player in the baby swing? 
We did some practice tracing different sorts of lines. I printed these work sheets from DLTK. (Love that website.)
A great activity that we did was make lazy lemonade. (I'll post the recipe at the bottom).

Washing the lemons.
Putting them in the blender.
 Straining the mixture
 
Tasting the lemony goodness.
 
Lazy Lemonade Recipe
4 lemons
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of water
Wash and quarter the lemons.  Toss them into the blender (skin and all) with the rest of the ingredients.  Blend well. Strain into a 2 liter pitcher.  Fill the rest of the pitcher with water.  Stir and enjoy.


For more Preschool Corner visit Homeschool Creations.

9 comments:

Jackie said...

Great ideas! Love the Lego stamping. Fun!

Kristi_runwatch said...

Very cute! That ladder idea is great!

S-H-Y said...

Nice job of your son :P..

Kylie said...

Great week and yes love the Lego stamping, I think even my 7 year old would like to do that!!

Debbie said...

I agree with the others I loved the Lego stamping, we will have to try that.

Rachel said...

I love the ladder for gross motor skills during "L" week... and Legos. Great ideas!

Susana said...

We did "Ll" too, but you guys had more fun! Couldn't find Tawny Scrawny Lion at our library--did you like it?

Lemonade, what a great idea! I like the ladder climbing too. You're so fun!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is an awesome week. I am stealing two ideas for my upcoming week of Seasons - lemonade for summer and leaf counting for fall. Thanks for sharing!

Jolanthe said...

Love the lego 'L's!!! And we love patterns around this place...I need to dig out my leaves to use.

Share This Idea!