Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Circle Time

I originally read about homeschool circle time at Kendra Fletcher's blog Preschoolers and Peace.
Kendra is an amazing homeschool mom of eight children with lots of wise advice to give.  I however do not have eight children to include in circle time in my home.  I have, usually one, sometimes two children.

However circle time is part of our daily home preschool routine.  Each morning after breakfast is done and the dishwasher is unloaded (and sometimes after every one is dressed.  We're working on this).  We get cozy on the sofa and read 2 bible stories and practice our scripture memory for the week.

This morning ritual is our heart learning.  It is time to learn about God and all of His wonderful creation.  It is a time to hide His word in our hearts.  It is a time to be together and enjoy having each other close by.

I would like to add more things to our circle time such as singing O' Canada or a worship song, but for now circle time at our house is short, simple, and effective.

For more Thirsty Thursday Head on over to Five J's

5 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

That sounds great.

Debbie said...

This is something that Selena and I have done since she was about 6 months old. This was the only way I could get my time in the bible done. Now she runs to get her little bible and waits for me to cuddle up with her to do our little circle time. Thank you for sharing.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Sounds great. I want to introduce more songs into our daily routine as well.

Beth said...

I feel like we're always rushing out the door to something or other in the mornings! That's a great routine to establish.

Virginia Lee said...

That's the beauty of homeschooling, we can make things fit our kiddos and our family's needs. I love your circle time routine. Sounds wonderful.

rogersfamilycircus.blogspot.com/

Share This Idea!