Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Reading & Listening Game

My mother in law gave me the idea to start playing this game with the alphabet and I have just adapted it to playing with words.
Materials:
  • a piece of paper (I used a fairly large one but printer paper or construction paper would be just fine).
  • markers, crayons, or colored pencils.
Preparation:
  1. Fold the paper into 8 (fold in half once, then again, then one more time).
  2. Write a word (I used simple 3 letter words and Hudson's name) in each of the 8 spaces.
 Playing the game:
  1. Tell your child which color marker to choose.
  2. Give him/her an instruction of what to do with the marker. (example: draw a circle around the word dog, draw a line under the word hen...etc).
  3. Repeat steps 1&2 until the game is over.
Hint: To make the game a little more tricky you can say things like draw a star beside something we might eat for supper (ham).




Linking this up with Preschool Corner

2 comments:

Mindy said...

This is so simple, but could easily be used for a variety of subjects to supplement a concept. Yea! Thanks for posting.

KJ said...

Ooooh, I like that idea! I'm going to have to try that sometime! I'm stopping by from the Preschool Corner link up.

Share This Idea!