Monday, June 27, 2011

Meet Rachel!

Rachel and I live in the same town and we are part of the same homeschool group, but we have yet to meet face to face.  I am inspired by Rachel's view on family.  You can read Rachel's blog Cherish The Moment to read all about her life with 5 kiddos and a rather rustic living situation.  Here is my interview with Rachel.


Who are you anyway?

I'm a joyful, animated: wife, homeschooling mommy of five and child of God. I laugh easily and smile a lot, but I'm also quick to feel the pain of others. I dream big and I'm not easily discouraged. I feel that my personality has been shaped more by the times of trial and hardship than of the times of ease.

What are you passionate about? 


I am passionate about encouraging and helping mothers and wives to live lives of joy, peace and freedom. I am also deeply passionate about children. I long to be a mother to the motherless; to foster and adopt waiting children. 

What is your greatest asset? 

I used to be quick to judge, but over time I've learned to look for both sides of every story. This has been such a help to me in understanding others, problem solving and building relationships.

What inspires you? 

I am inspired by people who give their lives to joyfully serving others. I long for a servant's heart, that doesn't look for praise, but finds joy in blessing others.
What makes you feel capable? 

When I recognize that I am weak. I have found that when I feel like I'm doing really good-that's when everything falls apart! But when I lean on God's strength- then I'm strong.

If you could share one message to the world, what would that be?

Being interviewed is a great way to learn more about yourself. 
But more seriously... Life is a gift; don't take it for granted.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thanks for interviewing me Sarah! I love your blog and look forward to meeting you!

Share This Idea!