Friday, October 5, 2012

I Read Books To My Children That Make Them Cry...

 This year for Thanksgiving I decided to make it less about turkeys and pumpkins... And more about awareness of those less fortunate than us.
 A trip to the library proved very successful... I found the book The Teddy Bear by Davis McPhail.
 There are several underlying themes in this sweet and simple story... With tears brimming my eyes and tears falling down my six year old son's cheeks we talked about homelessness, loneliness, and hunger. We talked about how he felt sad for the boy in the story who would miss his bear... But that the man in the story would be sad without the bear also... And my heart swells to see the empathy and compassion blossoming in my own boy as I read him stories that make him cry.

 

No comments:

Share This Idea!