Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What My Child is Reading!

We had a very exciting last week.  Well my children did (I was sick).  Meadow had a birthday party and got some really great educational books and toys.
Also we all stayed with my in laws for a time and that means... different books to read!

First Meadow has been reading That's Not My Fairy.by Fiona Watt (Usborne)

I love this book for my 1 year old.  The pages are bright and attractive.  It is a board book so it is sturdy and durable.  The language is repetitive.  The best part about the That's Not My series (we also have the puppy, dinosaur and tractor version) is the touchy feely spots.  It makes reading time so much more enjoyable to encourage my baby to touch the pages instead of moving her hands away all the time.   

Hudson had tons of fun reading one of his daddy's favorite childhood books with Grandpa.
Mr Topsy Turvy by Roger Hargreaves.

We had a great time after this story making up backwards phrases to say.  Bite bugs bed let don't!

Another sweet book is Big Smelly Bear by Britta Teckentrup.
  


A wonderfully heartwarming story with valuable lessons about hygene and friendship.

Find out what others are reading over and Mouse Grows Mouse Learns.


5 comments:

Susana said...

Thanks for sharing these! We love those fairy books too. They have a fairy recipe book as well that is so much fun.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Thanks for linking to me! We are big fans of Usborne books in general - they have great quality both in production and in writing. The "It's not my XYZ" series is awesome, and we are guitly of reading them every time we stop at the bookstore. I am putting a Big Smelly Bear on my reading list :)

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

I love all the Usborne books! We have That's Not My Puppy and my son absolutely loved it when he was a baby. I should get it out and have him look at it again - such fun textures in those books! Mr. Topsy-turvy looks very familiar to me, but I don't think we've ever read it. I'll have to check it out - sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing!

Debbie said...

Usborne books are great! Thank you for sharing. I will have to check Big Smelly Bear out!

Chels said...

I'm finding many homeschooling blogs and loving that they have reading as a hot topic!! I don't homeschool but have praise for those who can handle it! ☺
I found your linky on Mouse Grows tonight. I love reading books to my kids and love to find real reviews and recommendations! I started a monthly blog feature called Bookworm Beginnings and would love to have you link! Come share good reads!
http://fantasticfind.blogspot.com/2009/10/bookworm-beginnings.html

Share This Idea!