Saturday, October 3, 2009

Note Worthy Poem

I found this little poem over at Er-u-di-tion and found it to be a note worthy tidbit to post.

HELP!!!!!
I’m trying hard to read
But what’s a kid to do
When there’s a NO and a GO and a SO and a HO
And then there’s a word like TO?

Reading BONE and CONE and LONE and TONE
Can almost be kind of fun
But I get upset when I have to believe
That D-O-N-E spells DONE!

It’s plain to see a kid like me
Sure needs a helping hand.
No matter how much I really try
I just don’t understand.

I’m trying hard to learn to read.
Somehow that’s what I’ll do.
But for now if you’ll just read to me
Someday I’ll read to you!

Author unknown

2 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is so very true! English language is crazy. I can read (in different degrees of fluency) in 5 languages, and in my opinion English has the easiest grammar, but the craziest phonetics. Even after 15 years in the States I know what certain words mean when I encounter them in the books, but I have no idea how to pronounce them.

Unknown said...

This is such a great poem. And so very true. I love it!

Share This Idea!