Monday, August 1, 2011

Book Review- Rumors of God By Darren Whitehead and Jon Tyson



In Rumors of God, authors Darren Whitehead and Jon Tyson call us to reject what is plausible, and to cry out for God to bring what is possible in our lives and in the church. It will resonate with Christians seeking a vision of the life God is calling them to, one that transcends the shallowness of our culture.


I must admit that this book was not what I expected it to be.  In fact I had hoped for something deeper and more "spiritual" to seek out God and really be fed.  
Rumors of God is a very practical book about changing your life so that others will see God in how you live daily.  So while my perception of what I thought this book would be were shattered, it was not bad.  
The most profound chapter for me was Chapter 9 "The Greenroom".  It has caused me to try and discover my privilege and use it to help others.  I have been praying to see the privileges I have and how God intends them to be used.
Rumors of God is full of real stories in which ordinary people (like you and me) have stepped out in faith to change their own lives and the lives of those around them to reflect the love of God.

No comments:

Share This Idea!