Monday, March 8, 2010

Creation Unit Study Day 4

Hello! Thanks for stopping by to read about our creation adventures on day 4.
If you have missed my other Creation Unit posts then I encourage you to go back and read them.
Creation Unit Study Day 1
Creation Unit Study Day 2
Creation Unit Study Day 3

Day 4 God created the sun, moon and stars.

Activity #1 (language)
Sometimes it's a wonderful thing to read a book to learn.  What a novel idea eh? (pun intended as was my Canadian accent :))
So we got a book from the library called The Sun and curled up on the couch to read it.

Activity #2 (math)


I took a dark sheet of cardstock and divided it into sections with numbers 1-8.  Then Hudson used star stickers to put the appropriate amount in each section.

Activity #3 (art, science)


The moon is not smooth.  So Craig (the daddy at the acedemy) cut out a large poster board circle to be the moon.
Then I mixed a paste of flour and water.  Hudson smeared it on to the circle to make bumps and craters.
Upon drying however our moon's edges curled up and the poor fella was a little deformed.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

These are more great ideas. I love the moon!!!

melaniet42 said...

What a great moon craft! When we were studying the letter "M" I couldn't find a moon craft that was 'just right' for us. This is perfect!!

Debbie said...

I have an award for you at my blog! : ) http://homeschooladventures3.blogspot.com/2010/03/happy-101-award.html
I love your activities!

Share This Idea!