Monday, March 8, 2010

Home School Blog Hop- What is your style.



Truth be told I have no idea what style I am and I have not researched styles enough to really label myself with a style.  I appreciate the non-electronic simpleness of Waldorf.  I think that teaching children to do things on their own is fantastic so that part of Montessori really appeals to me.  The romance of Charlotte Mason's learn through nature approach is a nice thought but really not me. (Although I have been on some nature walks with my children.)
I guess I just have a routine set in our home regarding school time.  
We have 3 work boxes to do every day.  I try to plan a language activity, math activity and either an art or science activity.  Then we have phonics and Kumon workbooks (printing letters)
We truly do learn through the day through play and conversation as well.

So there you go.  I suppose if you think you know my style then please let me know :)

Join the blog hop!




MckLinky Blog Hop

8 comments:

Debbie said...

I always say if it works for you and your family then that is the way to go. I have never really researched the different styles myself, I just try to do what I feel is teaching Selena the most!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I totally agree - whatever works for you and your children is great. I wish I could do the same thing every day, but it's just not possible in about 1 hour in the afternoon that we have. I am still surprised that Anna learned reading somehow in 15 minutes a day :)

Lori said...

It sounds like you have the "Sarah" style of homeschooling!

Mama to 5 said...

Sarah - It's nice to get to know you more about you! I am with you, it takes time to see what fits best! Have a great week! :)
Nicole

Unknown said...

I am a Waldorf fan as well. It is so important in our electronic filled world to keep some simplicity and quietness.

Ticia said...

Waldorf is cool, and they have the coolest dolls. And I"m with you, as much as I want to do nature studies, I just don't seem to get them in.

Unknown said...

Thank for posting...love reading all of everyone's postings...

Anonymous said...

sounds great. I love the work box approach though Ive never tried it. Id love to see some of what you put in to your boxes.

Share This Idea!