Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Book That Has Revolutionized My Parenting Style...



This summer I read a few parenting books that are not normally my style... my favorite by far was Playful Parenting by Lawrence J. Cohen.
It really never occurred to me that my children communicate through play or that play is how I would connect better with them.  I am so relieved to have new tools for when I am at the end of my mommy rope.  One chunk of the book in particular that I loved was that we need to empower girls and connect with boys.  I am thrilled to learn how to break out of the princess needing to be rescued play mold and introduce some other storylines. I also just love snuggling and hugging my big (grade 1 eek) boy.
I am not reviewing this book for any company... I have no affiliation with the author or publisher... I just wanted to share a great book with my great readers!

No comments:

Share This Idea!