Today's Picnic Table Talk is about encouragement.
Can't is a word we do not allow in our home. When one of us (parents or children) whines "I can't..." this is the remedy:
1. Immediately put your hand over your mouth.
2. Spit the word can't into your hand.
3. Hold can't tightly in your fist.
4. Throw can't as far away as you can.
5. Choose a different word or phrase. (This is tough. or May I have help with this please?)
Can't is a debilitating word. It sucks the confidence and power right out of you. It is discouraging.
I encourage my children by showing them they can. I praise their accomplishments, even some of the really small ones. I point out the ways they have improved on something the have been struggling with.
I teach them that through Christ they can.
13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
(Philippians 4:13, New King James Version)
For more Picnic Table Talk head on over to ABC and 123.
P.S. Remember to enter my giveaway!